European Survey on the Perception of Vaccines and Vaccinations:
A comprehensive survey was conducted to assess the perception of vaccines and vaccinations among both the general public and healthcare professionals in five European countries. This survey aimed to gauge usage patterns and attitudes, serving as a valuable reference for vaccine-related matters. Commissioned by the European Vaccine Manufacturers (EVM), the survey was carried out by Psyma International, an independent medical market research company.
The primary objectives of this research project were as follows:
- Measure the usage and attitudes toward vaccines and vaccinations among stakeholders in five major European countries: Germany, France, the UK, Italy, and Spain.
- Provide reliable information suitable for scientific publication and discussions with European health authorities.
- Track usage patterns and attitudes over time through follow-up surveys.
This summary report presents the most pertinent international results and key findings by country. Further details can be obtained upon request from the EVM.
The study utilized telephone interviews conducted centrally for all countries, employing Computer Assisted Telephone Interviews (CATI). These telephone interviews adhered to the following specifications:
- Structured questionnaires were developed for both the General Public and Healthcare Professionals.
- Each interview had an approximate duration of 25 minutes, covering 30 questions, including seven open-ended questions.
Target Groups and Sampling:
The survey included two primary target groups:
- General Public: This group represented a cross-section of the adult population (18 years and older) and included the following specifications:
- Sample size: Approximately 1,000 interviews conducted in each country.
- Subgroups within the General Public category included “parents” (individuals with at least one child aged 0-6 years) and “elderly” participants (aged 65 years or older).
- Healthcare Professionals: This group comprised healthcare practitioners and professionals, including General Practitioners, Paediatricians, Hygienists, and Nurses, depending on country-specific practices.
- Sample size: 160 interviews conducted in each country.
- including General Practitioners, Paediatricians, Hygienists, and Nurses as per country-specific practices.